2114 Spencer Road
Richmond, Virginia 23230
Sábado 10am y martes 7pm
LLÁMENOS PARA ORACIÓN: 1-804-480-4181
October 2, 2014
Cancel That Counsel
Psalm 1:1-3 NIV
1. Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. 2. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. 3. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not whither. Whatever he does prospers.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Why listen to darkness? Darkness has no place with the light. Seek not the counsel from those who belong to the author of lies and deception. Use the spiritual ear of the Holy Spirit to guide you in your decisions. Walk not, talk not, fellowship not with the wicked, for you are SET APART, and must not lose your saltiness! You have been given an ear to hear, so use what has been given to you without doubting your God given ability to DISCERN. Be careful not to choose unwisely, based upon the counsel from darkness.
October 1, 2014
Don't Stress This Test
Philippians 4:6-7 NIV
6. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
The Spirit of the Lord says: My child why do you stress? Why do you fear? That spirit is not of me and comes only from the devil. Fear not and do not stress, for I am with you in the midst of every trial and situation that comes. Don't allow this current storm to cause you to forget how I have brought you through difficulty before. My mercies are NEW every morning! They do not run out! The same way you conquered the storms before, you shall overcome again because I am with you! Fear not, and let my PEACE overtake you, putting your soul at ease.
September 30, 2014
1 Corinthians 13:11 NIV
11. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
Thought: Often we have heard someone say about another grown man or woman, "Oh they're just A big kid at heart" or "I thought I only had two kids, but my husband acts just like I have a third child!" Well most of the time these sayings are said in love and fun, and nobody really means what they're saying literally, unless they are angry at the person for a moment. But while it is OK to enjoy ourselves and bring out the innocent fun and excitement of the inner child inside of us all, there comes a time when we must "Grow up" and "Put our big boy and big girl pants on!" There are some adults who sit around all day playing video games when there is work to be done in, out, and around the house! There are adults who when they don't get things done their way, they will pout and whine so much that it makes any toddler seem like they're in boot camp! Some of us need to GROW UP and become adults! While the body very well "looks the part" and "feels the part" how about making the soul(your mind, will, & emotions) "Act the part." For the Apostle Paul says in this passage of the bible, "When I became A man, I put childish ways behind me." AMEN.
September 29, 2014
Victory Found ONLY In Jesus!
Proverbs 21:29-31 NIV
29. A wicked man puts up a bold front, but an upright man gives thought to his ways. 30. There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord. 31. The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Who can stand against the Almighty God? Who can be against you, if the Lord God is for you? NOTHING and NO PERSON is able to stand against the works and plans that are laid out by the Lord God. For EVERYTHING is known by him, and EVERYTHING that is seen and unseen, has been made by him! The arms of the flesh are too short to spar with God! Only IN HIM are you able to live, to move, and to have your being! The devil has deceived you!! Victory is found ONLY in him, the LORD GOD, who WAS, and IS, and IS TO COME!
September 26, 2014
NOT How They Appear To Be!
Psalm 73:1-5, 16-19, 27-28 NIV
1. Surely God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart. 2. But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. 3. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. 4. They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong. 5. They are free from the burdens common to man;
16. When I tried to understand all this, it was oppressive to me 17. till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny. 18. Surely you place them on slippery ground; you cast them down to ruin. 19. How suddenly are they destroyed, completely swept away by terrors!
27. Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. 28. But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.
The Spirit of the Lord says: It is not what it appears! All that you see in the natural, is not what is going on in the spirit. Trust NOT the eyes of the flesh, for they will see what they want to see. Trust NOT the ears of the flesh, for they will hear what pleases them. But in ALL your ways acknowledge me, and my Spirit will direct your paths! Envy NOT the things of this world and what APPEARS to be prosperous. For those who know NOT who I am, and make no place for me, will SURELY perish! Their destiny is DEATH ETERNAL, and their season of pleasure is for but a moment! Seek after that which will not NEVER perish, but will be EVERLASTING! Things are NOT what they appear to be, envy NOT the life of the world!
September 25, 2014
Yet, You Still Don't Believe
John 3:11-12 NIV
11. Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12. I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?
The Spirit of the Lord says: You have not because you believe not. You say you believe, but your HEART says otherwise! From the heart flows the issues of life, and directs your actions. I have demonstrated in the natural as well as in the Spirit what can be available to you, yet you still don't believe. If you would but TRULY believe and step out in faith, you will begin to see the fruit of what TRUE faith in me will produce. It is waiting on you to move out in faith. Believing by words ONLY, will not produce fruit. If you TRULY believe, you will say, AND DO!
September 24, 2014
It's For Your Good!
Romans 8:26-28 NIV
26. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God. 28. And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, who have been called according to his purpose.
The Spirit of the Lord says: What the devil has meant for your demise, I have turned into a blessing for you. Trust in my way, even though you may not understand the process. Know that I care for you and know all about your situation! If you continue to seek me and put the things of the kingdom first, all will be well and you shall not be made to want for ANYTHING! Hold on to your faith and look the storm in the eye, casting down all temptations to be in fear and doubt.
September 23, 2014
Confident In What You Have!
1 Samuel 17:38-46 NIV
38. Then Saul dressed David in his own tunic. He put a coat of armor on him and a bronze helmet on his head. 39. David fastened on his sword over the tunic and tried walking around, because he was not used to them."I cannot go in these," he said to Saul, "because I am not used to them." So he took them off. 40. Then he took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd's bag and, with his sling in his hand, approached the Philistine. 41. Meanwhile, the Philistine, with his shield bearer in front of him, kept coming closer to David. 42. He looked David over and saw that he was little more than a boy, glowing with health and handsome, and he despised him. 43. He said to David, "Am I a dog, that you come at me with sticks?" And the Philistine cursed David by his gods. 44. "Come here," he said, "and I'll give your flesh to the birds and the wild animals!" 45. David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46. This day the Lord will deliver you into my hands, and I'll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Use what you have! Know that the Spirit of the Lord is with you, NOTHING can be impossible for you. WHO can be against you, when I AM with you! Refrain from trying to work it out by other people's methods! Use what I have given to you! Use what you KNOW has given you the results, because of your faith and trust in me! Do not allow the devil to steal your confidence, when you know that I am with you. Do what comes natural in your spirit as a result of you walking and talking with me. What may sound ridiculous to others in your methods, will be proven COURAGEOUS when they see the results of victory for you! All because of your faith and confidence in ME to do it through you.
September 22, 2014
The Next Hour Could Be Yours
Ecclesiastes 9:11-12 NIV
11. I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all. 12. Moreover, no one knows when their hour will come: As fish are caught in a cruel net, or birds are taken in a snare, so people are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectedly upon them.
Thought: Everyday that we are able to wake up and see another day that the Lord has made,we ought to be giving God some praise! Each day that we are ABLE to lift up hands in praise, give God the praise of our lips, and use whatever gifts and talents that HE GAVE us, we should do it!! For we don't know what storm or attack from the devil is just around the corner. We need to be ever ready and PREPARED for either going to war and DEFEATING the devil in his latest attack on us, or READY and PREPARED to go home to glory because we have made JESUS our Lord and Savior, to rule and reign with him forever! NO ONE knows WHEN their hour will come! Either for warfare, or for leaving this earth! ARE YOU READY for either?! If you haven't done so already, why don't you choose JESUS and make him your Lord and Savior, and then put on his FULL ARMOR today!! Amen.
September 19, 2014
A COMMANDED Harvest!
Psalms 126:4-6 NIV
4. Restore our fortunes , O Lord, like streams in the Negev. 5. Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. 6. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.
Thought: During times of drought, or financial difficulty and uncertainty, sowing seed or GIVING can be an act that brings MUCH anxiety! Your adversary the devil brings thoughts such as, "Am I just losing more of my money that I don't have to begin with, by giving!" or "Is God's word REALLY true concerning tithes and offerings and giving?" or "Will I EVER get out of debt if I keep giving my tithes and offerings, when I can barely pay my bills?!" Well this psalm reminds us that people who are in serious LACK and TROUBLE, such as God's people who were in captivity, had their sorrowful days turned into JOY! It gives those of us GREAT encouragement, who are currently living with tears and fears, to anticipate and EXPECT God's future joy! So you just KEEP ON SOWING! KEEP ON GIVING! KEEP ON TRUSTING IN GOD, to meet all your needs because he is your provider! KNOWING that though you my be sowing in tears right now with seed that is precious to you because you don't have a lot right now, you will return from sowing with SONGS OF JOY and PRAISE, carrying a HARVEST with you!!! HALLELUJAH, PRAISE JESUS for a COMMANDED HARVEST sent by GOD!! Amen.
September 18, 2014
Jesus Saves COMPLETELY!
Hebrews 7:21-25 NIV
21. but he became a priest with an oath when God said to him: "The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind: 'You are a priest forever.' " 22. Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantor of a better covenant. 23. Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24. but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25. Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
Thought: How EXCITING it is to KNOW that because Jesus lives FOREVER and that his priesthood is PERMANENT, he saves us COMPLETELY! Hallelujah!! He has GUARANTEED a BETTER covenant! Upon hearing this and getting the revelation on this, how could one NOT want Jesus as their Lord and Savior??! As crazy as that notion of one not wanting to accept his FREE gift of salvation, unfortunately, some will choose to reject him! However, it is important that we who know him and have accepted him as our Lord and Savior, be representatives of the character of Jesus! Allow others to see him in us! So that maybe they too will come to their own realization, that better is one day with Jesus and in his courts, than a thousand elsewhere! AMEN!
September 17, 2014
New Mercies EVERYDAY!
Lamentations 3:17-25 NIV
17. I have been deprived of peace; I have forgotten what prosperity is. 18. So I say, "My splendor is gone and all that I had hoped from the Lord." 19. I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. 20. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. 21. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: 22. Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassion never fails. 23. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." 25. The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
The Spirit of the Lord says: REJOICE in this day, for I have created it, and my MERCIES are NEW EVERY morning! Submerge yourself in the redeeming power of my blood, that will wash you from all unrighteousness! Stir up yourself by remembering how I have been with you all of your days, and will abide in you, as you abide in me! Put on a FRESH robe lined with grace and my MERCIES, and REJOICE! Knowing that you are NOT consumed, but are forgiven because of my blood.
September 16, 2014
September 15, 2014
Do You Know What You're Asking For?
Mark 10:35-45 NIV
35. Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to him. "Teacher," they said, "we want you to do for us whatever we ask." 36. "What do you want me to do for you?" he asked. 37. They replied, "Let one of us sit at your right and the other at your left in your glory." 38. "You don't know what you are asking," Jesus said. "Can you drink the cup I drink or be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with?" 39. "We can," they answered. Jesus said to them, "You will drink the cup I drink and be baptized with the baptism I am baptized with, 40. but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared." 41. When the ten heard about this, they became indignant with James and John. 42. Jesus called them together and said, "You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 43. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44. and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
The Spirit of the Lord says: Their is a COST that comes with what you are asking for. Are you ready to pay the price for it? Are you willing to go through the valley of storms and tests to reach the other side where this request is obtained? Don't allow the eyes of your FLESH to lure you into ENVY and PRIDE! Know that what God has for you is tailored for the abilities and gifts inside of you. Allow YOUR season to come in at it's due timing. For you should know that what you think you want and desire to have, comes with a cost of great FAITH, PATIENCE and SACRIFICE!
September 12, 2014
Don't Be Wrongly Persuaded
Job 2: 7-10 NIV
7. So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the top of his head. 8. Then Job took a piece of broken pottery and scraped himself with it as he sat among the ashes. 9. His wife said to him, "Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!" 10. He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Many shall be the afflictions of the righteous, but I AM able to deliver you from them ALL! Be CONFIDENT in knowing that the Lord your God is with you in good times and bad times. Hold fast to your faith and let MY JOY be your STRENGTH in the times of trouble! Beware of the temptations of Satan to persuade you into WRONG confessions. He will use he WHOEVER is WILLING to be used by him! Members of your own household will be your enemies, and betray you because of me. Keep your CONFESSIONS in my word, and near to you! Hold on to your FAITH!
September 11, 2014
CHANGE, So It CAN Change!
Matthew 5:33-37 NIV
33. "Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not break your oath, but keep the oaths you have made to the Lord.' 34. But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne; 35. or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36. And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37. Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.
The Spirit of the Lord Says: Nothing will change until YOU make a change! You have said, "Lord, from now on I will do this, and I will do that," but you have not kept your word! It will not move, until YOU move. If you want your situation to improve, and you want change in your circumstance, YOU FIRST, must change! Be a DOER of my word, and not simply a hearer only! YOU change, and you will SEE change!
September 10, 2014
He Longs To Bless You!
Luke 13:34-35 NIV
34. "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 35. Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' "
The Spirit of the Lord says: I have longed to give you your desires and more, but you are not willing. For if you are willing and are obedient, then you shall eat of the good of the land. Time has come and time has passed, and time waits not for anyone. Be obedient and work while there is still daylight, because the night comes when no person can work. I reach out to you, draw near to me and I will draw near to you. Hear the voice of my Spirit and come. Deny yourself and chase after that which your spirit cries out for. I long to bless you and keep you, but you must be willing!
September 9, 2014
Don't Be Frustrated
1 Peter 3:10-15 NIV
10. For, "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech. 11. He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it. 12. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." 13. Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14. But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." 15. But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.
The Spirit of the Lord says: As you make up your mind to go for it, as you decide in your heart that enough is enough, as you determine that life in the spirit is BETTER than life in the flesh, your adversary the devil, will try to FRUSTRATE you! Be mindful of his tactics to frustrate you. Pursue the PEACE of God and keep your mind STAYED on me! I AM he who will keep you in PERFECT PEACE in the midst of chaos around you. It will be in these times that I can use you to WITNESS to others. Use the tactics of frustrations sent by the devil, to give a TESTIMONY of why you are calm and at peace, while those around you are in fear.
September 8, 2014
September 5, 2014
Your "Yet Praise"
Habakkuk 3:17-18 NIV
17. Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, 18. yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
Thought: There will be times when LACK will try to set you back! In these times of drought and in between blessings you will have to pull deep from within and give God your "Yet Praise!" You have to make up your mind that regardless of your circumstances and what it looks like all around you, you're going to give God some PRAISE and REJOICE because He's STILL GOOD! So look that situation of lack, that circumstance of loosing everything in the face, and give God a "Yet Praise!" Shoe the devil that God is BIGGER than anything he sends your way to discourage you! HALLELUJAH, now SHOUT OUT YOUR LOUDEST "YET PRAISE" for the name of Jesus!
September 4, 2014
Call Out To Him!
Psalm 86:3-7 NIV
3. have mercy on me, Lord, for I call to you all day long. 4. Bring joy to your servant, Lord, for I put my trust in you. 5. You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you. 6. Hear my prayer, Lord; listen to my cry for mercy. 7. When I am in distress, I call to you, because you answer me.
Thought: Don't let the devil rob you of your blessing that comes from fellowship with God. We need to know that He abounds in love to ALL who call out to him. When we mess up and have a repentant heart, and call out to him for mercy, he will listen and ANSWER! The devil wants you to think that because you messed up, you have no right to call on God. Well the devil is a LIAR! The Lord our God is FORGIVING AND GOOD, ABOUNDING in LOVE to all who calls on him. So call on Jesus today for your forgiveness! He said he is faithful and just to forgive us of all unrighteousness, if we just confess our sins to him! Call on Jesus, and get back on track TODAY!
September 3, 2014
What's Your Choice?
Joshua 24:14-15 NIV
14. "Now fear the Lord and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. 15. But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."
Thought: It's a MIGHTY GOOD God that we serve who gives us the OPTION to serve him! We don't HAVE TO serve, worship, love, obey, or even believe in God if we don't CHOOSE to do so. Our God IS a God who DESIRES that ALL be saved, and come to know him in an intimate personal way. He promises that we will be blessed as a result of being with him, but NEVER forces us to do ANYTHING! It's all about choices! Would you want to be with somebody who you have to FORCE to love you? Or FORCE to talk to you? Or FORCE to believe in you and the things that you say to them? I know that I wouldn't want a relationship like that, and would be willing to bet that you wouldn't want that either. Well our God is the same way! He wants us to CHOOSE to serve him and love him and obey him! So with that being said, if you think that living for God is not for you, I will say like Joshua, "Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve." If you choose to not serve Jesus Christ, you will deeply and sorrowfully regret it in the end, but it's YOUR CHOICE! So you make up your mind and do what you want to do, while I now speak to you just like Joshua and say, "But as for me and my household, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD!" Amen.
September 2, 2014
Don't Waste The Time
Hosea 10:12 NIV
12. Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the Lord, until he comes and showers righteousness on you.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Every passed day is a day closer to my return. Each passing moment of your time is slipping away, to never be again. Use your time that is left to the benefit of your spirit, who longs for the things of righteousness. Don't allow the devil to cause you to waste precious moments that you cannot get back. NOW, is the time for salvation. NOW, is the time for forgiveness. NOW, is the time to exercise your faith, bearing witness that you actually BELIEVE my word! NOW, is the time to go after ALL that you are believing to be made right, that has been wrong. Seek after all that is of God, things that are everlasting, and not that which will be consumed by fire.
September 1, 2014
Love NEVER fails!
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NIV
4. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8. Love never fails...........
The Spirit of the Lord says: As you walk in the bitterness of betrayal and distrust, allow LOVE to CONQUER your flesh with it's POWER sent from above! Love will heal, love will overcome the pain that lures your flesh into a resentful, vengeful state of mind. I command you to LOVE, and if you deny your flesh and follow my Spirit, you will have VICTORY over that which wants to destroy your confidence and will. LOVE, because I AM LOVE! And love NEVER fails!
August 29, 2014
Let The Word of God Be TRUE!
Romans 3:3-8 NIV
3. What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify God's faithfulness? 4. Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written: "So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge." 5. But if our unrighteousness brings out God's righteousness more clearly, what shall we say? That God is unjust in bringing his wrath on us? (I am using a human argument.) 6. Certainly not! If that were so, how could God judge the world? 7. Someone might argue, "If my falsehood enhances God's truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?" 8. Why not say - as some slanderously claim that we say - "Let us do evil that good may result"? Their condemnation is just!
Thought: When we teach and preach on the GRACE of God, we are NOT leading people to abandon their MORAL STANDARDS and do whatever they want to do!! We must understand that God's GRACE gives people the power to live HOLY lives! And this is what God WANTS us to do! Grace not only makes us righteous in the eyes of God, but it TRANSFORMS us! We are made RIGHTEOUS because of his GRACE! And so because of GRACE we can also LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY!! Amen.
August 28, 2014
He's ABLE To Do It For You!
Ephesians 3:16-21 NIV
16. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17. so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18. may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19. and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 20. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21. to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
The Spirit of the Lord says: No, YOU can't do it. You are right, when you say that YOU can't do it! But it is not YOU who does it, but the Lord! Trust in the POWER that has created ALL that you see! The power that spoke into nothing, and made the universe! YOU, can't do the impossible, but with God, ALL THINGS are possible! I can do EXCEEDINGLY ABOVE and BEYOND what you could ever ask me to do! You must TRUST in ME to do it THROUGH you! For it is not YOU doing it on your own power, but rather ME doing it through you by my power. All things can be done with the strength given to you, from he who is the first and the last, and will be forever more.
August 27, 2014
Have You Done Everything?
2 Peter 1:3-8 NIV
3. His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. 5. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6. and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7. and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Thought : Ephesians 6:13 tells us that after we have done everything to stand, then STAND. This is a very popular verse in the bible and has been made into songs to sing about standing through our trials and storms that come our way. As I think about this today, I wonder how many times when we get into a jam, do we TRULY DO ALL that we can do. Here in 2 Peter 1:3-4, the bible tells us that "HIS divine power has given us everything that we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him." And it also tells us that "He has given us his very great and precious promises so that we can PARTICIPATE in the divine nature, having escaped the corrupted world caused by evil desires." So when the fiery darts of the devil comes flying our way, we must DO our part! Use the weapons of the Spirit that God has given us through Christ Jesus! Some people are JUST STANDING! They haven't DONE ANYTHING!! Remember, Ephesians 6:13 says, "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." It says AFTER you have DONE EVERYTHING to stand. Have you done everything?? Or are you JUST STANDING?!
August 26, 2014
The Company You Keep
1 Corinthians 15:33-34 NIV
33. Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." 34. Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God - I say this to your shame.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Watch the company that you keep! Discern if your influences are either sent by the Spirit of God or by the enemy. As you grow in your walk with the Lord, some of your acquaintances will have to be dissolved. Seeds are ALWAYS being planted, whether good or bad. Protect your eye and ear gates to the soul from influences sent by the kingdom of darkness. You are a royal priesthood! Protect the anointing on you, by NOT engaging in bad fellowship.
August 25, 2014
Let's Get Serious!
Romans 15:1-2 TLB
1. Even if we believe that it makes no difference to the Lord whether we do these things, still we cannot just go ahead and do them to please ourselves; for we must bear the "burden" of being considerate of the doubts and fears of others - of those who feel these things are wrong. Let's please the other fellow, not ourselves, and do what is for his good and thus build him up in the Lord. 3. Christ didn't please himself. As the psalmist said, "He came for the very purpose of suffering under the insults of those who were against the Lord." 4. These things that were written in the Scriptures so long ago are to teach us patience and to encourage us so that we will look forward expectantly to the time when God will conquer sin and death.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Take seriously the times such as this. For the hour is coming for that great day. Be a Witness, be an EXAMPLE and a mouth piece for my love and my forgiveness! Be an ambassador of the kingdom that is, and is to come! Use the time wisely. Be SERIOUS in your calling! Be DILIGENT in the things of God! Be QUICK to FORGIVE, and slow to be in offense! The time is NOW, to ACT on behalf of the kingdom.
August 22, 2014FIRST, You've Got To Get Out Of The Boat!
25. Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear. 27. But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." 28. "Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." 29. "Come, he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
The Spirit of the Lord says: I'm waiting on YOU! Yes, I am set and ready to work the miracle in your life, but I am waiting on your making the step of FAITH to INITIATE your miracle! Step out of your natural senses and allow the Spirit of God to cause you to SEE in the spirit. Yes, I await YOUR STEP of faith, to cause your miracle to begin. Walk by FAITH and NOT what you see in the midst of the natural realm.
August 21, 2014
Be Proud Of The Message
Romans 11:13-15 NIV
13. I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I take pride in my ministry 14. in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. 15. For if their rejection brought reconciliation to the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
Thought: There will be times in our lives when just like the Apostle Paul before us, we will be rejected by our OWN family or people! It is during these times that God will cause OTHERS to come into our midst to be RECEIVERS of the blessings that our family or people missed out on, because they turn a DEAF EAR to what God is saying through us. It is said in the bible that a prophet is not honored in his homeland. Have you been in a place where you are respected and honored by strangers, MORE than your own family or associates? Sometimes your family gives you NO respect at all! Why is it so much harder to minister and witness to family or friends, than people you don't know? Paul was rejected by his people. Jesus was and STILL IS rejected by MANY of his OWN people! And when this has happened, God has sent his message to the Gentiles(non Jews), to receive the blessings of the gospel. But just like Paul, and Jesus, we too must pray that our family and associates will envy what God is doing to others through us, and come to acceptance of our message. When that happens, Paul says it will be as if life has come to those who are dead! Amen.
August 20, 2014
More Flies With Honey!
Proverbs 31:26 TLB
26. When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule for everything she says.
Thought: There are many times when we have an opportunity to say something that will sure enough get the attention of people who have REALLY come at us the wrong way! Yet, we must RESIST the urge to let our soul and our flesh have free reign, and instead, be lead by our spirit! In Proverbs 31, the characteristics of a virtuous woman are listed, with kindness being a RULE for everything she lets come out of her mouth. This is a good rule for us ALL, and not just virtuous women! Even in times when we must correct or rebuke, we should do it with KINDNESS! The old saying goes, "You will catch more flies with honey, than you will with vinegar." In other words, KINDNESS, will get you better results than bitterness! Make it your rule today, that everything that comes out of your mouth will be with KINDNESS! Amen.
August 19, 2014
It's Time To Make A Move!
Jeremiah 7:3-8 NIV
3. This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Reform your ways and your actions, and I will let you live in this place. 4. Do not trust in deceptive words and say, "This is the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord, the temple of the Lord!" 5. If you really change your ways and your actions and deal with each other justly, 6. if you do not oppress the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other gods to your own harm, 7. then I will let you live in this place, in the land I gave your ancestors for ever and ever. 8. But look, you are trusting in deceptive words that are worthless.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Time to SHIFT! It is time for you to SHIFT! Your season of dryness and drought will end , but you have to SHIFT! Be removed from that which is not beneficial to you! Move from that which has not produced what you need for spiritual nourishment and growth. I have shown you the corruption! I have shown you the things that are hindering and NOT helping you! So SHIFT, now you must SHIFT! Come OUT from that where you are DYING, so that you can truly LIVE! But you must SHIFT! It's time to SHIFT!
August 18, 2014
It's Just A Noise!
Amos 5:21-24 NIV
21. I hate, I despise your religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me. 22. Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Though you bring choice fellowship offerings, I will have no regard for them. 23. Away with the noise of your songs! I will not listen to the music of your harps. 24. But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!
The Spirit of the Lord says: It's just a NOISE! Its just a NOISE to me! Without love, without righteousness, without justice, and mercy, its just NOISE! I will NOT receive your praise and singing with your heart so stained! Keep your assemblies and your special dedications from me, unless your heart is of Spirit and of truth. Know that your heart is not covered before me! Know that what is hidden to man is laid BARE before God. Its just a NOISE, its just a NOISE! Without a pure heart of righteousness, its just a NOISE!
August 15, 2014
Let Your Haters Hate
Isaiah 66:5 TLB
5. Hear the words of God, all you who fear him, and tremble at his words: Your brethren hate you and cast you out for being loyal to my name. "Glory to God," they scoff. "Be happy in the Lord!" But they shall be put to shame. 6. What is all the commotion in the city? What is that terrible noise from the Temple? It is the voice of the Lord taking vengeance upon his enemies.
Thought: People may hate you and despise you, make fun of you, or criticize you, all for your passion and dedication to the things of God. They really hate God and all things associated with him. The bible tells us that a student is not above his teacher, so if they hate Jesus, certainly they will hate you. But God tells us to not worry because they shall be put to shame! When all is said and done, we will have victory in the end! "Vengeance is mine!" says the Lord, "I will repay." So we know that we will be persecuted, even by members of our own household sometimes. But be of GOOD CHEER! And count it all JOY, when trials and tribulations come, knowing that your reward for being FAITHFUL, far out weighs any storm the devil can bring your way. Hallelujah, Praise the name of Jesus!
Invitation: Come join us this Sunday, 8/17/14 at 10:00am for our Youth Service! Bring out your children of ALL AGES to participate with us in our service.This is our children's opportunity to praise God in their own way. If they want to sing a song, read a scripture, dance, play an instrument, say a prayer, or give a testimony, this is their day to share it with us! During the worship service Pastor Jackson will call all youth to the altar and pray God's blessings over them for this upcoming school year! Come on out with your children and be blessed!!
August 14, 2014
Get With This, And Not that
1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
7. But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
The Spirit of the Lord says: Look not with your natural eyes, but rather with your spiritual eyes! Control the temptation of your flesh to draw near to that which is pleasing in appearance on the outside. For I am showing you the BEST choice! TRUST in my Spirit, although your natural senses are in rebellion. Trust in what I SHOW you from what I KNOW is in the heart! Choose who I CHOOSE and prosper, or choose who YOU CHOOSE and despair.
August 13, 2014
2 Peter 3:10-14 NIV
10. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare. 11. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12. as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells. 14. So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.
Thought: Once again, we see from God's word how important it is to keep ourselves in a READY state of mind, body, and spirit. The day of the Lord will come like a thief! In other words, it will happen unexpectedly. Again, the bible tells us that EVERYTHING done in the earth will be LAID BARE! Uncovered, exposed, revealed, made known, however you want to phrase it. So do we need to be living fearfully from now on because of this information? Absolutely not! Instead, we should make every effort to be found spotless, blameless, and be at PEACE with Jesus! Amen.
August 12, 2014
It's In The Books!
Revelation 20:11-15 NIV
11. Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15. Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
Thought: Do we REALLY believe what the bible says? Do we REALLY take God's word literally? If so, then this passage should make EVERY believer from the day you first read or heard this scripture passage, think five times before you do ANYTHING! The bible says that there will be books opened! And in these books, will be recorded EVERYTHING that was done in the lives of the dead! And that the y will be JUDGED according to what they had done AS RECORDED in the books! My My My! Then there will be another book, THE BOOK OF LIFE, that will be opened, and if one's name is not written down in that book, he or she will be thrown into the lake of fire! What a day of rejoicing as well as a day of extreme sorrow that will be! So if we REALLY believe what God's word says, as believers we need to make SURE when have TRULY RSVP-ed for eternity with JESUS and have our names written in that book of life! And in the mean time LIVE As if we BELIEVE, that EVERYTHING we do each day is being recorded! Amen.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, I believe in my heart that you are the Son of God! I believe that you died to save the world from sin! I believe that after being buried, that you rose again from the dead, and are alive today! I trust you Jesus with my heart and my life! I NEED and WANT you to SAVE ME! Forgive me of my sins, and I receive you now as Lord and Savior of my life by FAITH in you! Thank you for saving me and writing my name in the Book of Life! Help me by way of your Spirit, to live each day as a Representative of your love and grace! I ask this and receive it all by faith, in your name Jesus, AMEN!
August 11, 2014
Don't Miss Out On the Promises
Joshua 5:6-9 NIV
6. The Israelites had moved about in the desert forty years until all the men who were of military age when they left Egypt had died, since they had not obeyed the Lord. For the Lord had sworn to them that they would not see the land that he had solemnly promised their fathers to give us, a land flowing with milk and honey. 7. So he raised up their sons in their place, and these were the ones Joshua circumcised. They were still uncircumcised because they had not been circumcised on the way. And after the whole nation had been circumcised, they remained where they were in camp until they were healed. 9. Then the Lord said to Joshua, "Today I have rolled away the reproach of Egypt from you." So the place has been called Gilgal to this day.Thought: Disobedience can cause us NOT to be a RECEIVER or a PARTAKER of a PROMISE that God makes to us. While God IS a promise KEEPER, our disobedience can rob us of ever enjoying the promise being for-filled in our lifetime! The same way God allowed the Israelites who were of age to DIE, before they entered into a land flowing with milk and honey, which he had promised their fathers, we can MISS OUT on promises also by not obeying his instructions to us. It works the other way too. We may be benefiting from a promise that God made to our forefathers that skipped over them to us because they were not obedient to God's instructions! But because God keeps his word, the promise fell to us because of our faith and obedience to him. It is so much better to OBEY and RECEIVE, than to disobey and Miss Out! AMEN!August 8, 2014
RE-GAIN Your Confidence?
Hebrews 3:12-14 NIV
12. See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. 14. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Where is your ZEAL? Where is your PEP? Where is the excitement and CONFIDENCE you once had?? Remove those things that have dampened your fire. The DECEIT of the enemy has you believing your prayers are not heard, and your calling in question. Do NOT receive the LIES of the devil who is the author of lies! ABIDE in me again, REPENT and draw near to me, and your confidence will be restored. Confess it, repent, and draw closer to me. Return to your FIRST love, and your confidence shall be renewed!
August 7, 2014
Be JUST In Your Decision!
2 Chronicles 19:5-7 NIV
5. He appointed judges in the land, in each of the fortified cities of Judah. 6. He told them, "Consider carefully what you do, because you are not judging for man but for the Lord, who is with you whenever you give a verdict. 7. Now let the fear of the Lord be upon you. Judge carefully, for with the Lord our God there is no injustice or partiality or bribery."
The Spirit of the Lord says: KNOW that the Spirit of God NEVER sleeps or slumber! My eyes see all, and my ears hear all. EVERY word and EVERY deed will be accounted for on the Great and Glorious day! Do not abuse your position by showing favors for some and giving injustice to others. I AM a just God, full of Love and grace! Be careful not be used by the devil to MISREPRESENT the authority given to you by God, to RIGHTLY make the decsion.
August 6, 2014
What Do you Ask For?
Luke 16:13-15 NIV
13. "No servant can server two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." 14. The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus. 15. he said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight.
The Spirit of the Lord says: When you abide in me, I will in turn abide in you. As you love me whith your WHOLE heart, yielding to MY will and not your own, you will desire what I desire. Then as you speak and make your requests known, you will ask what you will and it shall be given until you. The world desires not the things of the Spirit, but rather that which is here today, and tomorrow thrown into the fire. Seek those things with your spirit that are of me and you will have whatsoever you ask of.
August 5, 2014
When Your Past Comes Back
Acts 21:33-36 NIV
33. The commander came up and arrested him and ordered him to be bound with two chains. Then he asked who he was and what he had done. 34. Some in the crowd shouted one thing and some another, and since the commander could not get at the truth because of the uproar, he ordered that Paul be taken into the barracks. 35. When Paul reached the steps, the violence of the mob was so great he had to be carried by the soldiers. 36. The crowd that followed kept shouting, "Away with him!"
The Spirit of the Lord says: Although you are a NEW creation in Christ, your PAST may try to come back and destroy you. Yes, my blood has washed away your sins. Yes, I have forgiven you and remember them no more. But the natural is not the spiritual. There are natural laws and there are spiritual laws. In times when your PAST life, and your PAST actions come back to find you, know that my GRACE is sufficient. My forgiveness is promised and true, but sins have consequences that will cause some unpleasant moments. Be strong in me and endure, knowing there is only ONE who can kill both body AND soul in hell! Have no fear of man who can ONLY kill the body and not the soul. My grace is sufficient, and the joy of the Lord is your strength in the times of troubles.
August 4, 2014
When I Think of The GOODNESS of Jesus...
Psalms 103:1-5 KJV
1. Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. 2. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: 3. Who forgiveth all thine iniquities: who healeth all thy diseases; 4. Who redeemeth thy life from desrtuction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; 5. Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Thought: Don't allow your soul (mind, will, emotions) to get you in a down, depressed, worried, fearful, sad, or doubtful condition, when things are not looking so good. COMMAND your soul to BLESS or PRAISE the Lord! Just REMEMBER your BENEFITS and the GOODNESS of a God who is a promise keeper! So don't you dare worry! God has got you and your situation! Start praising him while knowing that ALL IS WELL!!! HALLELUJAH, we serve a mighty Good God! So tell your soul to STOP worrying, and start BLESSING the Lord! Amen.
August 1, 2014
Hit'em With A Praise!
1 Samuel 4:5-8 NIV
5. When the ark of the Lord's covenant came into the camp, all Israel raised such a great shout that the ground shook. 6. Hearing the uproar, the Philistines asked, "What's all this shouting in the Hebrew camp?" When they learned that the ark of the Lord had come into camp, 7. the Philistines were afraid. "A god has come into the camp," they said. "Oh no! Nothing like this has happened before. 8. We're doomed! Who will deliver us from the hand of these mighty gods? They are the gods who struck the Egyptians with all kinds of plagues in the wilderness.
The Spirit of the Lord says: There is a SHOUT, there is a PRAISE, that comes from deep in your SPIRIT, that when raised up and comes OUT of your mouth, it TERRIFIES the kingdom of darkness! In my presence the enemies of light will run and tremble. For I inhabit the praises of truth. I inhabit the shouts in spirit. There is a POWER that no demonic force can withstand, that comes out of praising in Spirit and in truth.
July 31, 2014
Something That Lasts!
2 Corinthians 5:13-21 NIV
13. If we are "Out of our mind," as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. 14. For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. 16. So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18. All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19. that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
Thought: As I was riding into work this morning I was talking to God and listening in my spirit for any word from him, and all I kept getting was "Only what you do for the kingdom of God will last!" I would listen and again just hear, "Only what you do for Christ, only what you do for Christ" So I knew it was something to send out today. Then God lead me to this scripture above for today's devotion. The Spirit of God spoke to me and said that, "This scripture will SPEAK today", so let it speak to you! AMEN.
July 30, 2014
The Instruments of HIS Choice
Acts 9:11-16 NIV
11. The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight." 13. "Lord," Ananias answered, "I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem. 14. And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name." 15. But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. 16. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."
The Spirit of the Lord says: Judge not, lest you be judged! I have chosen the simple and the unlearned. I have chosen those who have been counted out, and cast away, as vessels to proclaim my word, and be used for the kingdom of God. Be careful in not receiving the MESSAGE, based on who the messenger is! If anyone be IN CHRIST, they truly are a NEW creation! The old things I have put behind them, and they have become NEW! If the message IS my word, RECEIVE the message, and NOT FOCUS on the messenger. I have chosen that which is purposed for my will to be done. Judge not, lest you be judged! Be in obedience to my instructions to you, and RECEIVE from whom I have chosen.July 29, 2014
1 Corinthians 15:53-58 TLB
53. For our earthly bodies, the ones we have now that can die, must be transformed into heavenly bodies that cannot perish but will live forever. 54. When this happens, then at last this scripture will come true - "Death is swallowed up in victory." 55,56. O death, where then your victory? Where then your sting? For sin - the sting that causes death - will all be gone; and the law, which reveals our sins, will no longer be our judge. 57. How we thank God for all of this! It is he who makes us victorious through Jesus Christ our Lord! 58. So, my dear brothers,since future victory is sure, be strong and steady, always abounding in the Lord's work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever wasted as it would be if there were no resurrection.
Thought: It is life's most difficult experience, the lost of a loved one who has died prematurely. Oh how our hearts ache with pain and grief of not being able to see them again on this earth. But Ohhhhh what a BLESSING it is to be in Christ Jesus!For the bible tells us that "To be absent from the body, is to be PRESENT with the Lord!" Those who are in Christ Jesus WILL be changed from a mortal human being, to one who is immortal, with a heavenly body that CANNOT perish but will live FOREVER! Oh how we Should praise JESUS for the VICTORY that is GUARANTEED in him, because death NO LONGER will have the victory! Death will NO LONGER have a sting! All because JESUS has DEFEATED death when he died and was raised from the dead! HALLELUJAH! We certainly do miss those who have gone on before us in Christ Jesus, but we SHALL see them again! So press on! Serve on! Be strong in the Lord! For our work is NOT in vain, because we have victory over death that is GUARANTEED! Amen!
July 28, 2014
SERVE With Your Whole Heart
Romans 12:6-11 NIV
6. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7. if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8. if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. 9. Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Whatsoever you do, do it as unto the Lord! Serve WHOLEHEARTEDLY with love! Serve with the PASSION and ZEAL of your first love! Give your whole heart to the call and tasks that are laid before you. For each has been given gifts and has been GRACED to do them well. Stir up the gifts inside of you and use them to the glory of God! For the day approaches when ALL will give an ACCOUNT of their stewardship. ALL will give an account of what was SAID, and what was DONE.
July 25, 2014
Lead By Example
1 Chronicles 11:15-19 NKJV
15. Now three of the thirty chief men went down to the rock to David, into the cave of Adullam; and the army of the Philistines encamped in the valley of Rephaim. 16. David was then in the stronghold, and the garrison of the Philistines was then in Bethlehem. 17. And David said with longing, "Oh, that someone would give me a drink of water from the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate!" 18. So the three broke through the camp of the Philistines, drew water from the well of Bethlehem that was by the gate, and took it and brought it to David. Nevertheless David would not drink it, but poured it out to the Lord. 19. And he said, "Far be it from me, O my God, that I should do this! Shall I drink the blood of these men who have put their lives in jeopardy? For at the risk of their lives they brought it." Therefore he would not drink it. These things were done by the three mighty men.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Seek the WISDOM of God in ALL that you do, when you are in a position of leadership and authority. They WATCH your actions, they LISTEN to your words, longing for someone to follow and pattern themselves after. Your words must be ACCOUNTABLE! Your actions to be that which is HONORABLE! I hold you accountable for them who are babes! I hold you RESPONSIBLE for them who are moved by your advice and suggestions! Lead with wisdom that comes from the Spirit of God. Walk on the path of righteousness, that is narrow and hard! Be the EXAMPLE for those who are weaker and less mature! Lead them by example in words AND in actions!
July 24, 2014
Time To Get It Right!
Ephesians 5:3-6 TLB
3. Let there be no sex sin, impurity or greed among you. Let no one be able to accuse you of any such things. 4. Dirty stories, foul talk, and course jokes - these are not for you. Instead, remind each other of God's goodness, and be thankful. 5. You can be sure of this: The Kingdom of Christ and of God will never belong to anyone who is impure or greedy, for a greedy person is really an idol worshiper -he loves and worships the good things of this life more than God. 6. Don't be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the terrible wrath of God is upon all those who do them.
Thought: How often do we as believers want to correct and rebuke the people who are caught up in homosexual sin, yet we are not as quick to come down on those who are fornicators, or adulterers, or prostitutes, strippers, or watchers of pornography? Well the bible clearly states that it's ALL sexual sins that will keep one out of the kingdom of God if these acts are practiced and not repented of! So it's not just the sin of homosexuality, but of ALL SEXUAL sins that are impure in the eyes of God!
Another thing that we so often forget is the fact that our God is a jealous God! This passage of scripture tells us that a greedy person will never enter into the kingdom of God! It says a person who is GREEDY is really an idol worshiper, because he or she LOVES and WORSHIPS the good things (ie- money, houses, cars, power, fame, luxuries, STUFF) of this life, MORE than God! How many people in today's society are REGULAR church attendees, but are in DANGER of NEVER entering into the kingdom of God, because they are DECEIVED by the devil to think they are OK practicing these things mentioned because they go to church every week?
Prayer: Father in the name of Jesus, I pray and INTERCEDE for our people today, for the BLINDERS to come OFF, and for REPENTANCE to take place while they have time! AMEN!
July 23, 2014
Avoid Useless Arguments
Titus 3:9-11 TLB
9. Don't get involved in arguing over unanswerable questions and controversial theological ideas; keep out of arguments and quarrels about obedience to Jewish laws, for this kind of thing isn't worthwhile; it only does harm. 10. If anyone is causing divisions among you, he should be given a first and second warning. After that have nothing more to do with him, 11. for such a person has a wrong sense of values. He is sinning, and he knows it.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Come out from among them. Come out from among those who SOW discord, and are DELIGHTED in confusion and strife! Beware of those busybodies, who are used by satan to bring division in the body. Refrain from USELESS debates over opinions, over methods of operation, over theories. Keep your mind and spirit FREE of stress, caused the TRICKS of the enemy brought to SOW discord. You will know them by their fruit, and what is in the heart, will come out of the mouth.
July 22, 2014
Don't Ignore His Corrections
2 Chronicles 36:14-17 NIV
14. Furthermore, all the leaders of the priests and the people became more and more unfaithful, following all the detestable practices of the nations and defiling the temple of the Lord, which he had consecrated in Jerusalem. 15. The Lord, the God of their ancestors, sent word to them through his messengers again and again, because he had pity on his people and on his dwelling place. 16.But they mocked God's messengers, despised his words and scoffed at his Prophets until the wrath of the Lord was aroused against his people and there was no remedy. 17. He brought up against them the king of the Babylonians, who killed their young men with the sword in the sanctuary, and did not spare young men or young women, the elderly or the infirm. God gave them all into the hands of Nebuchadnezzar.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Those whom I love, I will chastise, I will correct, I will rebuke! HEAR my voice of correction today! HEAR my voice of rebuke sent to give you life! Step OUT OF the sinful acts of the world. I am a God of RIGHTEOUSNESS. I am a God of HOLINESS. REPENT of the evil ways of the world that you have gotten entangled in! Be washed in my blood as you CONFESS your sins and REPENT of your ways! For I am a God of JUDGMENT, for righteousness sake! My GRACE and MERCY abounds, so I speak to you to CORRECT your ways! Turn now and be RESTORED to a walk of victory, with me in righteousness.
July 21, 2014
Not Your Lost, But Your Gain!
Hebrews 11:24-27 AMP
24. [Aroused] by faith Moses, when he had grown to maturity and become great, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, 25. Because he preferred to share the oppression [suffer the hardships] and bear the shame of the people of Godrather than to have the fleeting enjoyment of a sinful life. 26. He considered the contempt and abuse and shame [borne for] the Christ (the Messiah who was to come) to be greater wealth than all the treasures of Egypt, for he looked forward and away to the reward (recompense). 27. [Motivated] by faith he left Egypt behind him, being unawed and undismayed by the wrath of the king; for he never flinched but held staunchly to his purpose and endured steadfastly as one who gazed on Him Who is invisible.
Thought: Are you willing to give up That good paying job for the sake of righteousness? Are you willing to lose some friends and associates that are good looking, popular, exciting, fun, great personality, BUT UNASHAMED about their OPEN UNGODLINESS!? Are you willing to bear the ridicule and persecution of being CHRIST-LIKE, in today's world, rather than flying "Under the radar" so that you won't have the label of being "intolerable" and "judgmental" by the world? In other words, are you willing to be like Moses? Who gave up the lifestyle of riches and living in luxury among the "High Society" IN SIN, choosing instead to suffer with the people of God, and live a life that was pleasing and in OBEDIENCE to God. Moses had his eyes on the REAL RICHES! He looked ahead to his house not made by hands. He had his eyes set on a greater prize! We must be like Moses and not flinch, but rather ENDURE the hardships and persecution, moving steadfastly onward, with our gaze on JESUS! KNOWING that we WIN when it's all said and done. AMEN.
July 18, 2014
You Skipped Step 1!
Mark 11:24-25 TLB
24. "Listen to me! You can pray for anything, and if you believe, you have it; it's yours! 25. But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive you your sins too."
Thought: Do you have FAITH that can move mountains? Do you BELIEVE and receive God's word to be true, and therefore are looking for your breakthrough? Have you been thinking to yourself, "Where is God? I'm doing all the things I know to do, and have the faith for it!"? Well, perhaps it could be that you need to FIRST, FORGIVE someone that you still hold a grudge against! Jesus tells us in the scripture above, that we can HAVE what we ask, when we believe for it and pray to receive it. But he says that when we are praying to FIRST, FORGIVE anyone who has sinned against us, so that our Father in heaven can forgive us of our sins also. God can't release the blessings when you are walking in anger, hate, resentment, bitterness, discord, or hostility, instead of LOVE. God is LOVE, and we MUST LOVE and FORGIVE FIRST, before we can expect to receive blessings from him! AMEN.
July 17, 2014
Remember YOUR Instructions!
Genesis 2:15-17 NIV
15. The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16. And the Lord commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17. but you must not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."
Genesis 3:1-5 NIV
1. Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden?'" 2. The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3. but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.'" 4. "You will not certainly die," the serpent said to the woman. 5. "For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
The Spirit of the Lord says: Trust in my words! Trust in my instructions that are given to bring you LIFE and not death! I know the thoughts and plans of man. I know the hearts of men. I know what is best for you. TRUST in me and KNOW that my ways are the ways of life and not death! I come that you may have LIFE and have it in ABUNDANCE. Don't allow the voice and TEMPTATION of the great DECEIVER the devil, to steal life from you! For he comes ONLY but to kill, steal, and to destroy you! Resist him and he shall flee. Listen to my words of INSTRUCTION for your life and STAND by FAITH! What I have spoken to you and instructed you, is for your GOOD and will give you LIFE and not death!
July 16, 2014
Suffering For GOOD
1 Peter 3:13-17 NIV
13. Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 14. But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened." 15. But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16. keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. 17. For it is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Refuse to be caught up in the mess! Stay out of the foolish talk of the world and their dealings! I have called you to be the SALT. Keep your mind and heart PURE and in GOOD order, so that I can use you. Though you may be persecuted for righteousness sake, count it all JOY! You are blessed when persecuted for my sake! Be not OF this world, even as you walk among those IN this world. Do what is good, and only speak that which is RIGHTEOUS, keeping your conscious clear, and vessel READY to be used.
July 15, 2014
In HIS Timing
Acts 1:6-8 NIV
6. Then they gathered around him and asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?" 7. He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
The Spirit of the Lord says: Although it is difficult to understand, although it is difficult to walk into the unknown, although you are excited about the things already shown to you by my Spirit that is to come, you must have a PATIENT spirit. They that WAIT upon me shall be renewed in strength. Be PATIENT in knowing that it SHALL come to pass. ALL of my promises are YES and AMEN! Watch in FAITH knowing that the words of the Lord will not return void. Release your mind from the anxiety of not knowing WHEN, or HOW, and rest in knowing that it shall come to pass in the Father's perfect timing.
July 14, 2014
When In Position To Speak
Esther 4:14-17 NIV
14. "For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?" 15. Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 16. Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done,I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish." 17. So Mordecai went away and carried out all of Esther's instructions.
The Spirit of the Lord says: Be aware of opportunities that come to you, as you are IN POSITION to be my mouthpiece. There are circumstances when you are the key to blessings and deliverance, because of the POSITION you are in. Fear not of the repercussions when you KNOW it is ME leading you to speak. Be aware of OPPORTUNITIES and LISTEN to MY voice, as I use YOUR voice, for my purposes.
July 11, 2014
Just Like He Said He Would!
Acts 2:17-18 NIV
17. "'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. 18. Even on my servants, both men and women,I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.
Thought: I was a bit discouraged recently and felt kind of numb as a result. And I prayed on just yesterday for God to increase strength and encouragement. I thanked him for it and stirred myself up again. Well just like the GREAT GOD that we serve, he sent a messenger to me through a DREAM early THIS MORNING! Hallelujah praise God! I had just prayed for the strength and encouragement on yesterday, and early THIS MORNING, can somebody say, "THIS MORNING", he sent a messenger to me through a DREAM! It was a messenger that brought me some ENCOURAGING NEWS, letting me know that God had heard by prayers! HALLELUJAH! That is just one example of the scripture above that mentions in the last days, God will pour out his Spirit on all people. Sons and daughters will prophesy, young men will see visions and old men will DREAM dreams. Just for the record, (I'm not an old man yet!)(SMILE), however, I DO dream dreams like this morning, that are from the Lord.
You probably have, and will too! Just allow God to have his way in your life, and you will be able to decipher more and more of his ways of communicating with you! ESPECIALLY about matters concerning HIS WILL for your life! Another prime example is with this devotional, it is the SPIRIT OF GOD that enables us to minister this word every week! The prophetic gifts and word of knowledge are in operation as the Spirit of God speaks to give a word to his people. I never know until about 30 mins prior to sending out the devotional, what the word will be for that day. It is only after spending time talking to and listening to God that he gives me a word! It is only by HIS SPIRIT that this ministry is able to do this, which he has poured out on MANY people in these last days, JUST LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD DO in his word! Praise God, Blessed be the name of Jesus!!!
July 10, 2014
Knowing The Schemes!
2 Corinthians 2:9-11 NIV
9. Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything. 10. Anyone you forgive, I also forgive. And what I have forgiven - if there was anything to forgive - I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, 11. in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.
The Spirit of the Lord says: LOVE covers a multitude of sins! Walk in LOVE! Though they betray you, FORGIVENESS and LOVE will cause fiery coals to be heaped upon the head of the enemy. Be OBEDIENT in this, and watch as the POWER of LOVE will indeed CONQUER the schemes of the devil! Love conquers ALL, and you must SATURATE yourself in it! Even as your flesh wants to fight and seek revenge, put your flesh under subjection and walk by MY SPIRIT which is in you. Your OBEDIENCE in this, holds the KEY to your walk in VICTORY!
July 9, 2014